Dreaming of a trip far from the crowds? This is the answer.
Book one of our wilderness cabins to experience the incredible peace and seclusion of the Russian Arctic. You’ll have a guide nearby to make sure that you’re safe in unfamiliar territory, but you get to decide how much you’d like to interact.
Price is based on double occupancy: a single supplement of €200 will apply if you are a single traveller and are not happy to share a twin room.
Contact us via email or phone if your preferred dates are unavailable.
· Arrive at Salekhard airport and transfer to the hotel.
· Check-in and arrival briefing about what to expect in the days ahead.
· You’ll have the opportunity to shop for anything special you need for the week ahead.
· Our local guides will check that your gear is suitable for your wilderness stay.
· Group arrival dinner
· We’ll collect you after breakfast today to transfer you to your cabin.
· You’ll be accompanied by one of our local guides who will make sure that you’re settled in.
· Once you’re happy, your guide will leave for their own accommodation, leaving you to the peace of your cabin.
· You’re free to fill your time however you like.
· Let your guide know if there’s anything in particular that you would like to do and they’ll provide everything necessary for a successful trip.
· Relax in your cabin, venture out for an adventure or learn a new skill today!
· This will be your last day in the wilderness, so enjoy the peace and quiet while you can.
· Your guide will come and collect you from the cabin today and take you back to the city.
· Check into your hotel for the night.
· If you’d like, we can arrange for you to enjoy the Banya tonight.
· Group dinner and debrief.
· We transfer you to the airport for your flight.
The Trip Cost Includes:
- Accommodation: 2 nights in Salekhard hotel (twin-share), 4 nights in wilderness cabin
- Meals as specified in the itinerary and food provided for you to cook in the cabin
- Local English-speaking Guide
- All transfers in Salekhard and to your cabin
- Arctic safety/security equipment
- Flights from Moscow or St Petersburg to Salekhard
The Trip Cost Does Not Include:
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tickets, phone calls, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Individual clothing, backpack, cold-weather clothing (contact us for advice - rental of clothing is possible)
- Banya in Salekhard
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand/Close
In July the weather is usually quite warm during the day, but temperatures can drop significantly overnight. We recommend bringing both a lightweight and thicker down (or equivalent) jacket. Multiple layers are recommended so that you can dress for different temperatures. You can hire your outer layers from us if you arrive and find that it’s colder than expected!
In the winter the temperatures may drop as low as -50C so appropriate Arctic cold weather gear is essential for fishing out on the ice. We will provide a recommended packing list.
You’ll also need a swimsuit for the banya if you wish to visit during your trip!
You can book a trip to the Banya in Salekhard in advance – this is a mixed banya and you should bring swimwear if you book this option.
We recommend considering the addition of a visit to the Nenets – Indigenous Nomadic reindeer herders of Siberia. You can spend the night with them in their chum and experience what life is like living in the Arctic year round.
We’re always happy to discuss any further customisations to trips. Please email or call us with additional queries.
Please inform us at the time of booking so that we can ensure we are able to source the required ingredients.