During the summer months, this part of Siberia turns into a paradise for those who love fishing. This off-road expedition takes you to some of the best fishing spots around.
We cross rivers and streams on our way to the shores of Lake Estato where we join the indigenous Komi people in their homes. There’s wonderful hiking here and we’ll also take you to Malibden mine, a fascinating glimpse into the area’s past.
Price is based on double occupancy: a single supplement of €200 will apply if you are a single traveller and are not happy to share a twin room.
Contact us via email or phone if your preferred dates are unavailable.
· Arrive at Salekhard airport and transfer to the hotel.
· Check-in and arrival briefing about what to expect in the days ahead
· Our local guides will check that your equipment is suitable for the expedition.
· Afternoon tour of Salekhard.
· Group arrival Dinner.
· Take the ferry across the Ob River to Labytnangi.
· 40km of off-road fun before we reach Polyarny.
· Explore the abandoned geological settlement of Polyarny.
· Set up camp for the night.
· Another 4×4 adventure to the Komi camp.
· Meeting the Komi family who welcome us to their chum.
· Time for fishing, hiking and exploring the area before dinner and sleeping in the chum.
· Life with the Komi.
· Observe the traditional way of life and coping strategies for this harsh environment.
· Photography opportunities.
· Participate in the daily running of the camp.
· Hiking and fishing.
· Take the off-road vehicles to explore nearby canyons, valleys and abandoned mines.
· Drive back to Salekhard
· Check-in at the hotel once again.
· Today you’ll have free time to spend relaxing after your adventures of the last week.
· Optional Banya visit in Salekhard
· Group farewell dinner.
· Transfer to Salekhard airport after breakfast to catch your flight.
The Trip Cost Includes:
- Accommodation: 2 night in Salekhard hotel (twin-share), 1 night camping, 4 night homestay with Komi
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Russian Arctic Travel English-speaking guide
- Tour of Salekhard if desired
- All transfers in Salekhard
- Vehicles and fuel on expedition
- Arctic safety/security equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Tents, sleeping bags and cooking equipment for camping
- Permits and visa invitation letter
- Return flights from Moscow or St Petersburg to Salekhard
The Trip Cost Does Not Include:
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tickets, phone calls, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Individual clothing, backpack, cold-weather clothing, (contact us for advice)
- Use of banya/sauna in Salekhard
Temperatures at this time of year can range between 0°C and 30°C. You’ll be outside for much of the time, so the right clothes are really important. We recommend that you have either wool or synthetic base layers (not cotton!) with fleece mid-layers. Outer layers should be rated to withstand the temperatures indicated. If you’re having difficulty sourcing suitable outer layers then we recommend that you hire them from us – this will also save space in your luggage!
We recommend good quality waterproof hiking boots for this trip.
If you would like to visit the Banya in Salekhard then please ensure that you bring your swimsuit.
Sleeping bags are included in the cost of your trip, as are tents, camping and fishing equipment where applicable.
You can book a trip to the Banya in Salekhard in advance – this is a mixed banya and you should bring swimwear if you book this option.
We’re always happy to discuss any further customisations to trips. Please email or call us with additional queries.
When camping we’ll be cooking for ourselves and can cater to any dietary restrictions. Please inform us at the time of booking so that we can ensure we are able to source the required ingredients. Please be aware that meat and fish will be served at mealtimes.
We supply fishing equipment for your use during this trip, but it is basic. If you have specialist equipment that you would like to use then please bring this with you.
If you have specific questions regarding the best gear to bring then please email, WhatsApp or call us for additional information.